How To Take Your Measurements
All measurements must be taken standing up, wearing your dance shoes, keeping your feet together and looking ahead. It is better to be helped by another person, since when you take your measures and change your position it is possible to make mistakes.
As far as outline measurements are concerned you must place the measuring tape touching the skin but not pushing. Regarding the length measurements, you must measure from the starting point to the end without taking the body curves into account.
It is easier if you put an elastic tape around the narrower place of your waist and take it as a reference for all measurements. Make sure the tape is at the same height in the front as in the back.
1. Bust: around the widest part.
2. Waist: around the narrowest part.
3. Hip: 20cm down the waist.
4. Back length: from the highest point of the shoulder to the waist (on the back)
5. Highest point: from the highest point of the shoulder to the nipple height.
6. Front length: from the highest point of the shoulder to the waist (on the front), passing by the chest.
7. Skirt length wearing flamenco shoes: from the hip bones (In case of bata de cola Sevilla and Carmen modell you need to measure from the under breast line) till the line you want to be the skirt. uUually it goes just above the tip of the shoes.
8. Height: barefoot.
Size chart for skirts in cm
|Size||Waist||Hip where the bones are||Hip, widest part||Length from the bones|
|Made to measure||From 86 cm||From 113 cm||from 95 cm (plus or minus 168 cm)|
Tabla medidas para tops de punto en cm/ Size chart for tops in cm
|Made to measure||From 105 cm||From 86 cm|
Tabla medidas para vestidos de punto en cm/ Size chart for dresses in cm
|Size||Waist||Brest||Hip, widest part||Body hight|
|Made to measure||From 86 cm||From 105 cm||From 113 cm|
Sevilla Carmen standard
|Size||Waist||Brest||Hip, widest part||Body hight||Total lenght of skirt|
XS=34 S=36,38 M=40,42 L=44 or Made-tu-measure